Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Who is Badwolf?

Ah yes the endless Badwolf references. We spent a whole season (or more) wondering who Badwolf was? Remember those? Pretty iconic Doctor Who I think.  That's this weeks theme for Block 5 of the Doctor.Who.Along.


Badwolf Doctor.Who.Along Block 5
Yes I know it looks complicated and to be honest, it is one of the toughest blocks in the QAL but if you go slow and do small sections at a time, I know you will get there! This block took me approximately 2 evenings to piece - that's about 6 hours.  So keep that in mind. Take your time and roll with it!

The pattern can be found here and on Craftsy.

I chose a brick print background for my block but since it's directional, it adds another layer of complexity to the piecing, if you are a beginner, stick with a non-directional or even a solid print for your background. Follow my piecing guidelines here for those tricky diagonal seams and all will be well.  A glass of wine might help also :)  After all, it's supposed to be fun, right?!

Don't forget to add your finished block photo to the Flickr Doctor.Who.Along photo pool.

Happy Sewing!  Geronimo!!!


4 comments:

sew.darn.quilt said...

Your "Bad Wolf" is so cool! I really like the effect that the brick fabric gives. Thank you for this piece of the puzzle ;D

Ricky in Codman Square said...

How on earth could I have missed this? I've loved Doctor Who since I was a kid. I've never paper pieced in my life, but if there has to be a first time, this makes it definitely worth trying.

RobynLouise said...

Great design! Now as to the background....bricks, woodwork, striped fabric to simulate a garage door...decisions decisions :).

Debby said...

Like the background. Want to use wood for one, but can not find something I like for my 2nd. May take Soma's idea of the pavement.