Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Clutch time!

The Pretty Little Pouch Swap, v 5 is underway. It's time to ship out the fruits of our labor.

Here is the clutch/pouch I made for my partner.
PLPS5 shipping out today partner!

This one is about 12" by 8" which makes it a decent enough size to be used as a clutch purse if my partner so desires.
PLPS5 Back of pouch
I added lots of pockets both inside and out and a little detachable wristlet strap.  This pouch is just big enough that it could also work as a project bag for a small knitting or embroidery project.  Pretty versatile size I think.

I added some curvy pockets to give it some visual interest.
Untitled Untitled
This whole project was done in a low-volume patchwork style which seems to be the latest trend in the quilt world but seeing as I love color, I had to throw in a dash of red to spice things up a bit.  I hope you like it partner.

Here is another version I made for myself as a test run.  Untitled
I added some texture to one of the pocket panels using Texture magic.   I personally thought that this version had a little bit too much going on, so I edited it in the final pouch.  Untitled
 This design will be available as a for-purchase pattern in the next couple of months.

 Happy Sewing!

7 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Another great design Caroline! Love it and so will your partner!

Kelli said...

I love your new blog design! Hopefully it's new and I'm not really behind the times by mentioning it now... And the pouches are oh so cute!

Ann said...

Veny nice pouches!

Hitch and Thread said...

I love the second one. The first one has too much going on for me.

Dawn said...

Another great design!

Bree said...

Fun design! I have some of that texture magic, but had forgotten all about it. I love the added detail.

Amira@littlemushroomcap said...

Hi, Its my first time hopping here. i hopped from pinterest with your paper piecing designs.. You are amazing at designing these paper foundation! And I love your pouches... I am a new follower..