Sunday, October 24, 2010

Prickly Pear Pincushion

prickly pear pincushion

Here's a prickly little pincushion. I had so much fun making these apples and pears for the Savvy Seasons Swap, I decided to make another one. This one is filled with emery sand, to clean the needles and keep the pins sharp. Let's hope it works. Prickly Pear Pincushion

The fabric is Heather Ross' Far Far Away 2. I really wanted to use this fun fabric for something whimsical. I really like working with this cotton/linen blend. Very nice weight and hand for sewing something like this.
prickly pear pincushion
This was a fun quick project. But I think I'm full up for pincushions for now.

Hope your weekend was productive. Happy Sewing!

7 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

It seems that blog land is swamped with pin cushions at the moment, but I think your pear is definitely one of the best. Just lovely!

Gail Lizette said...

love this pincushion!!

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

I love your pear! I'd like to make a handful to put in my fruit bowl which is always empty (I keep most of my fruit in the fridge)!

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

That is beyond ridiculously cute! Love it!

Unknown said...

I love it! Such pretty fabric!

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Super cute with the pins.