Thursday, June 3, 2010

More Hexies


I did it again - I joined yet another swap. This time it is

{ Handsome } Hexies - THE SWAP

organized by Heather (a la mode fabric). The Pillow talk swap was so much fun, I thought I'ld do it again. My swap partner was none other than the Hexie Queen herself, Heather. The pressure was on...




So here are my hexies for Heather ~All Christmas themed as per her request...


And here are the ones I received from
Brooke ~ aren't they cute? I love these. It was so fun to receive a little surprise package of hexies in the mail.



I guess I'll have to come up with a plan for these next...

In doing this I noticed a few things. I cut my one inch paper hexagons out of printer paper and basted onto those. Some people are using precut hexies from a couple of online vendors. The paper of the precuts is much thicker and therefore the finished hexies are much sturdier and crisper looking. Both types of paper work fine but if you want a really crisp looking hexie, you are probably better off buying the precuts. I am using them on my half inch hexies because I didn't want to cut out that many tiny hexies and the precuts look a lot nicer than my printer paper hexies. Plus the precuts are probably a bit more accurate in size than the hand cut ones.

Check out some swaps on flickr if you are interested in this sort of thing. They really are a ton of fun to participate in.
Happy Sewing!






2 comments:

wishes, true and kind said...

I love your Christmas hexies (and I don't usually like holiday themed quilts and projects). Great job! The hexie swap has been so much fun! I hope we have another round!

Kerri said...

i love all your hexies!! can't wait to jump in on the next round!