Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tree Peonies

Have you ever seen a Tree Peony? They are beautiful - in fact in think Peonies in general might be one of my alltime favorite flowers - of course I am a flower lover, so it isn't hard for me to come up with a favorite. Maybe that is why I love this print so much. Tree Peonies are also extremely slow to grow, don't always like to be grafted and take alot of care in general - just a little plant lore for you green thumbs out there. Unlike the real thing, this peony print is easy care and easy to wear. Here we have a little dress made entirely of Amy Butler Lotus fabrics, yes you all know my passion for anything Amy - well here is a little summer
dress using her Peony print. Even my husband commented on this one - ok that is a first! He doesn't really take my passion for fashion seriously, so for him to comment is a big deal!! I take that as a huge compliment ~ of course what else would I do?!! he he Ok I have to tell you this pattern was a challenge to put together because of all the angles. I think the yoke will need a little re-design for some sewers.



-----

No comments: